Deciding what to wear to a wedding can be a challenge at the best of times, let alone when you’re growing a baby and your body is going through a metamorphosis of herculean proportions. Every body and bump is different and some women find it a lot easier to adapt than others but it has personally taken me months of trial and error to figure things out (the key word there being error). Let’s just say I now have a lot more empathy for Kim K’s infamous Met Gala couch dress disaster of 2013.
Luckily, with a bit of imagination your personal style shouldn’t have to take a 9 month hiatus and when it comes to event dressing there are plenty of ways you can still have fun and express yourself.
Our Top Tips For Pregnancy Dressing:
- You don’t have to condemn yourself to shopping at maternity stores only. Sizing up at your favourite brands and being clever about fabric choice and cut will allow you to keep wearing clothes that feel like you.
- Consider dresses with an empire waist so your bump has plenty of room.
- Do not be afraid of a bodycon! Embrace your beautiful curves instead of hiding under pieces that are oversized and shapeless.
- Longer dresses in a block colour are more elongating.
- One shoulder pieces look especially beautiful with a bump.
- Shoes – prioritise comfort!
- Try it on in a couple of sizes if necessary.
- Accessories – be bold and have fun.
- And finally, why not consider renting? Not only is this better for your purse, but it’s kinder on the environment, too – plus you can borrow a dress from as little as £25, in any size required for your whatever stage of pregnancy you’re at – win-win.
What to Wear to a Wedding When You’re Pregnant
Related Article: The Most Common Wedding Dress Codes Explained